Safeguarding at The Lighthouse
Here at The Lighthouse we take safeguarding extremely seriously.
Firstly, if you feel anyone is in immediate danger, call 999 and report it to the police.
Parish Policy Statement on Safeguarding Children and Adults At Risk of Harm
- Every person has a value and dignity which comes directly from the creation of people in God’s image. Christians see this potential as fulfilled in God’s re-creation of us in Christ. Among other things this implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
- We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children, young people and adults at risk of harm.
- We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training and support of those working with children or adults at risk of harm.
- We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that anyone may have been harmed, cooperating fully in any investigation.
- We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care to anyone who has suffered abuse.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or adult at risk of harm.
Both Andrew Spilman and Alan Gault are authorised to complete DBS checks here at The Lighthouse. If you have any questions about the DBS process, or think you need a DBS for a role here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Ursula Stiemert is the safeguarding officer and the first person to speak to if you have any concerns around the welfare of a child or adult at risk of harm at The Lighthouse. She can be contacted via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a concern relating to the safeguarding officer, please contact the Vicar – Andy Keighley – at email@example.com or contact the Diocean Safeguarding Officer on the below number.
Diocesan Safeguarding Officer: Annette Gordon – 020 7932 1124
Diocesan Safeguarding Helpline - 020 7932 1224 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The London Diocese Safeguarding pages can be found here: https://www.london.anglican.org/support/safeguarding/